This institution has not verified its data
Do you own "Alexandria University" ? Verify it now!
Faculty of Arts
The Faculty of Arts was established in 1938, and is thus considered the oldest and oldest Egyptian colleges, and since that date, the Faculty of Arts has worked to find a solution to problems related to its tasks and its scientific and academic interest. The college also plays a major role in community service through the Center for Blind Students, and thus it is concerned with cultural, social and scientific development. The college also contributes to spreading and teaching the Arabic language to foreigners through the Arabic Language Teaching Center
Faculty of Law
The Faculty of Law was established in 1938 and has been since then a beacon for legal education in the region. Its graduates spread throughout the Arab world work in the fields of legal practice as leaders of their societies, with all their energies they develop legal science and work looking at the requirements of their societies.
Faculty of Commerce
The College of Commerce was established upon the issuance of Law No. 32 of 1942 regarding the establishment and organization of Farouk I University. The college initially took one of the buildings of the Abbasid School in Muharram Bey as its headquarters. The study began in it on October 17, 1942, then it was transferred to the Saray of Prince Omar Tosson in Ambrozo, and the college began to move from one place to another as the demand for study increased in it, so it occupied a building in the Loran region, then moved it to the building of the Freedom Refuge (the old building of the College of Commerce) The university had bought this building and set up two amphitheatres, a club and a library to serve the college’s students until 1961 when it was moved to its current building, which was established in the theoretical colleges complex on the university’s land in Suter.
Faculty of Engineering
The Faculty of Engineering at King Fouad the First University (Cairo) was established at the beginning of the academic year 1941-1942, a branch in Alexandria for study in the preparatory year, in the building of the School of Arts and Industries in Shatby, and in the following year a law was issued to establish Farouk Al-Awal University, and this branch became the beginning of the College of Engineering . The study began in the college in the year 1942 - 1943 for the preparatory year and the first year with a number of students and the capacity of 169 students, not among the female students, and the establishment of scientific departments in the college continued, so the departments of engineering and civil architecture and mechanical and electrical engineering were established and the first batch graduated at the end of the academic year 1945 -1946 made up of 50 bachelor’s students and one postgraduate student.
Faculty of Science
In 1942, the Faculty of Science was established as one of the pioneering colleges of Alexandria University. The College of Science consists of nine departments and three units of a special nature. The departments of the faculty are divided into many buildings, each of which is concerned with one or more scientific departments. The College of Science is committed to nurturing and appointing distinguished and scientifically excelling students to become the nucleus of new faculty members. The college creates the appropriate scientific climate for learning, with three distinct museums of plant, animal and geology sciences. The Faculty of Science, Alexandria University, is unique in the presence of four unique majors in Egyptian universities, which are the departments of marine sciences, biochemistry, and environmental sciences.
Faculty of Agriculture
The Faculty of Agriculture was established in August 1942 in the city of Damanhur and then moved to the city of Alexandria in 1947 and since that day, it is in its current location after its development and expansion. Alexandria Agriculture is considered a college with a special character, as it gives a bachelor's degree in agricultural sciences in eight programs and fifteen sub-directions to the student the right to choose from them. This is in addition to diploma, masters and doctoral degrees in these different disciplines.
Faculty of Medicine
The Faculty of Medicine of Alexandria was established in the modern era by a decision of King Farouk I in 1942 and was the result of tremendous efforts made by (Ali Pasha Ibrahim), professor of surgery, and (Mohamed Mahfouz Bey), professor of ophthalmology. Abbaseya Secondary School was used to teach academic subjects and the Amiri Hospital to teach clinical subjects, and teaching began in the academic year 1943 and the number of graduates of the first batch of the modern Alexandria Medical School was four doctors.
Faculty of Pharmacy
The Faculty of Pharmacy at Alexandria University is considered one of the leading colleges in pharmacy education in Egypt, as it began studying at the School of Pharmacy in 1947, and at that time it was attached to the Faculty of Medicine at Farouk the First University, and in November 1956, Law No. 245 was issued to transfer the School of Pharmacy into an independent college within Alexandria University. The duration of the study was three years, preceded by a preparatory year, then it became four years after the middle school year, where the first class graduated with the five-year system in 1964. The academic degree awarded by the college was a Bachelor of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, and it was changed to a bachelor’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences in 1970 and then to a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy in 2014.
Faculty of Nursing
Alexandria University took the initiative to conclude an agreement with the World Health Organization to establish the first institution in the Middle East to graduate scientifically, morally and psychologically qualified nurses to advance the mission of the nursing profession, as the Higher Institute of Nursing was established at Alexandria University under the supervision of the Faculty of Medicine on July 4, 1954, then the conversion of the Higher Institute for Nursing was To an independent college full of elements and staff by Presidential Decree No. 287 of 1994 approving the first university college of nursing in the Arab Republic of Egypt affiliated to Alexandria University. The graduate works as a member of the health team, which includes doctors, nurses, dietitians, physiotherapists, technicians of various specialties, pharmacists and other auxiliary groups. Through this team, the graduate provides direct nursing care to patients, their families and those with health needs.
Faculty of Physical Education for Girls
The Faculty of Physical Education for Girls at Alexandria University was established in 1954 and is an educational institution that provides educational, educational and cultural requirements for female students and graduates through a set of programs and decisions that grant bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees in the fields of physical education and sports. The College of Physical Education for Girls seeks to become at the forefront of physical education colleges to provide a graduate who possesses distinguished knowledge and skills in all its educational programs, research activities and community services, and who can compete with them at the local and national level by spreading the culture of quality and evaluating the process of continuous improvement of performance according to standards Nationalism in order to gain the trust of society
Faculty of Physical Education for Men
The Faculty of Physical Education for Men is one of the prestigious colleges, it was established in 1955, and since this date the College of Physical Education for Boys has been concerned with preparing leadership cadres in the fields of sports and youth within the framework of a flexible educational environment that helps the creativity of the student to ensure a graduate who is able to contribute positively to the sports movement and meet The needs of the labor market and its professional development after graduation through various postgraduate programs with a commitment to publish and exchange information, provide advice, sports experience and research studies for institutions working in the sports field
Faculty of Fine Arts
The college was established in Alexandria in 1957. And its founder, the late Mr. Prof. Dr. Ahmed Othman. One of the pioneers of contemporary sculpture and its first dean.
The study in the college aims to prepare and graduate specialized cadres in the fields of plastic creativity through the specializations of the five departments of the college: (Architecture - Decoration - Printed Designs - Photography - Sculpture).
Faculty of Agriculture (Saba Basha)
The Faculty was established in 1959 under the name of "The Higher Institute for Cotton Affairs", and then it was annexed to the Ministry of Higher Education in 1963. The Faculty is distinguished by the presence of a number of distinguished educational programs for undergraduate and postgraduate students, as there are programs that have no equivalent in the various agricultural colleges at the level of the Arab Republic of Egypt. And the academic system in the college is based on the credit hour system and is considered the pioneer in applying this system in Egypt since 1985
Faculty of Education
The Faculty of Education at Alexandria University was established at the beginning of the academic year 66/1967 (its name was at that time the Teachers College). Admission to it was limited to high school, with its literary and scientific sections. The study was for students of the literary department in the five literary divisions: English, French, History, Geography, Philosophy and Sociology at the College of Arts in Shatby, and those departments were affiliated with the College of Arts academically and administratively. As for the study for students of the scientific department in the three scientific divisions, which are mathematics, chemistry and physics, natural history, it was at the College of Science in Muharram Bey, and it is also affiliated with it academically and administratively.
Faculty of Dentistry
The School of Dentistry attached to the Faculty of Medicine at Alexandria University was the nucleus for establishing this college, and the number of students enrolled in the School of Dentistry in its first year when it was established in the year 1946/45 (two students), and this number increased year after year until the College of Dentistry was established at the University In 1970, the number of students in the college in its first year was (565) male and female students.
And since the college was established, the number of postgraduate studies has been increasing year by year, and the graduate studies program in the credit hour system has established new and distinct rules that allow study and obtain scientific degrees in ways that are easier and more organized and appropriate for the schedules of employees of the Ministry of Health and other sectors outside the college.
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
The faculty was founded in 1974. Study started in the academic year 1975/1976 at one of the royal palaces in Edfina, Behera province with a capacity of 50 students. The faculty provides veterinary medical services for the purpose of fostering the animal resources and increasing the awareness among the members of the community. Several centers are affiliated with, the faculty, provide poultry and animal treatment services to individuals, and institutes.
Faculty of Tourism & Hotels
On March 31, 1982, the Alexandria University Council approved the establishment of a new college for tourism and hotels, followed by the issuance of Republic Decree No. 239 of 1983 to establish the college, and work has been in it since its inauguration in October 1983 with the aim of providing the tourist and hotel market in Alexandria Governorate and the rest of the governorates with the specialists they need. And to enrich scientific research in the field of tourism and hotel.
Faculty of Specific Education
The qualitative teachers colleges in Alexandria were one of four colleges that were approved to be established in September 1988 in Abbasia for female teachers, Dar Al Salam for teachers and two colleges in Alexandria with Raml teachers. However, the conditions of construction and the delay in study in the year of establishment led to the opening of one college in Alexandria. At the beginning, the name was inconsistent with the precise scientific content and educational goal for which the college was established, so the college was called the Faculty of Specific Education in Alexandria to be one of the pioneering colleges that moved in steady and conscious steps to graduate technically qualified educational teachers in the fields of home economics, arts and music.
Faculty of Kindergarten
The Faculty of Kindergarten in Alexandria was established in 1989 as a culmination of efforts to promote the Egyptian child and prepare him to keep pace with the age of information and technology so that we can lay the foundations for a civilized country that is prepared to regain its position as one of the beacons of science and civilization in the world
Faculty of Economic Studies & Political Science
The Faculty of Economic Studies and Political Science at Alexandria University was established 2014 in response to the needs of the Alexandrian community in advancing economic, political and social development, advancing economic and political knowledge at the academic and practical levels, developing capabilities and skills, in a manner that responds to the professional and functional requirements of the fields of work, and the graduation of distinguished quality of graduates in various scientific disciplines. Faculty according to international quality and excellence standards
Faculty of Computing and Data Science
The Faculty of Computing and Data Science at Alexandria University was established in 2019 in recognition of the main role of computer science in the advancement of countries, the development of their structure and their digital transformation in all fields. Therefore, Alexandria University sought to establish the Faculty of Computing to start from where the others ended in order for the Faculty of Computing at the university to become a distinguished center for computer science.
High Institute of Public Health
The Higher Institute of Public Health - Alexandria University was established in 1956 by the Ministry of Health to overcome the shortage of higher education and training in various fields of public health. The main purpose of the institute was to support the health care system in Egypt and other countries in the Middle East with individuals who had the knowledge and skills sufficient to implement the health development process efficiently and effectively. In 1963, the institute’s affiliation was transferred to Alexandria University to become the first institute for higher studies specialized in the field of public health in Eastern Mediterranean Region
Institute of Graduate Studies & Research
Alexandria University established the Center for Graduate Studies and Research in 1972 in partnership with UNESCO and the United Nations Development Program, with the aim of strengthening the School of Graduate Studies in the homeland and encouraging researchers from various disciplines and backgrounds to interact and blend with each other to develop their research and ideas in a way that is reflected in scientific progress. As a result of the extensive studies, it was felt the need to create fields for multi-disciplinary postgraduate studies in accordance with internationally recognized scientific standards in the field of postgraduate studies and research.
Medical Research Institute
The Medical Research Institute was established in 1975. This institute was later attached to the National Research Center and the Ministry of Scientific Research.Since its establishment it has been housed in the same building it occupies today. The laboratories of the institute were prepared and work in July 1963 as Medical Research Institute.
Since its establishment the objectives of the Medical Research Institute were identified as Clinical and basic research in different fields of medicine , Diagnosis and treatment of special cases including performing difficult major operations , Training of physicians in modern and novel methods of diagnosis and treatment, and introducing such methods to other hospitals and treatment centers and Issuing periodical pamphlets on the latest international medical and scientific achievements and the results of the research.